Fit Together in Action May News
Fit Together Partner Highlights- Torringford Gaga Pits
Torringford School was awarded a fall Fit Together mini grant to purchase materials to build a Gaga Pit for the students. Jared Sheik the wood-making Torrington High School teacher and his students constructed the pit and now with the warmer weather the kids are finally able to use it. Kelly Galullo, principal reports “the Gaga Pits have been a super addition to our school providing our students with a new opportunity to get physical activity in PE class, during recess and after school.”
For more information about 5210, please contact Jessica Stewart, Fit Together 5210 Youth and Families Coordinator at (860)806-1825 or email@example.com.
May is National Physical Fitness and Sports Month!
Helping kids stay physically active is an important step in helping them maintain a healthy weight throughout life.
Free Community Mindful Movement and Healing Music
Thursday May 26, 6pm Franklin Plaza Torrington
Spring Mini Grant Awardees
Congratulations to our Fit Together spring mini grant awardees:
- EdAdvance: Early Childcare Centers Playground Equipment
- Gilbert School: Garden Enhancement Project
- Oliver Wolcott High School: Cycling Toward Fitness equipment
- Police Activities League: PAL Strength and Conditioning Program
- Torringford School: Outdoor Classroom-pollinator garden
- NWCT Y: Y We Keep Moving- gross motor equipment for childcare center
- Winsted Senior Center Pela Earth- Lomi Composter and Healthy Food and Nutrition Matters Program
Next Grant Cycle Fall 2022- due date October 15 application- Mini grant Application
Check out this Strawberry Basil Quinoa Salad and others from Eating Well’s best of Spring recipes
The folks who promote California strawberries sponsored a national cook-off for kids and challenged them to come up with a quick creative recipe. A 12-year-old from Maryland took the prize for this grain salad, which the cook-off judge, a former MasterChef Junior winner himself, proclaimed easy, healthy and, of course most important, delicious. Source: EatingWell Magazine, April 2020