Fit Together in Action October News
EdAdvance gets kids moving with CATCH
CATCH (coordinated approach to child health) is a platform that launches kids and communities toward healthier futures. Erica Gammon, the Early Childhood program director at Ed Advance and a Fit Together Gold Partner has incorporated CATCH movement activities into their classrooms. At a recent staff meeting, Erica asked her classroom teachers to share their favorite CATCH physical activity with the group. She wanted to help give other classroom teachers ideas on how to being physically active during the day. Thanks Erica for sharing! For more information you can go to www.catchinfo.org
For more information about 5210, please contact Jessica Stewart, Fit Together 5210 Youth and Families Coordinator at (860)806-1825 or email@example.com.
Fit Together Awards Fall Mini Grants
We are pleased to announce the following Fit Together mini grant awardees:
- Forbes School: Active Recess for Students- activity kits for all 4th and 5th grade classrooms to keep kids moving during recess.
- Winsted Area Child Care Center: Outdoor Play Ground Equipment for students ages six weeks to age two
- Torrington PAL: New basketballs to support travel basketball and citywide basketball programs.
- Litchfield Montessori School: Story Walk- keeping students outside and moving with an educational trail walk.
- Winsted Senior Center: Fitness Classes for older adults-free classes to members including Thai Chi and Chair Yoga.
Fall Fruits and Veggies
Fall is here!
Celebrate the season by enjoying fresh fruits and veggies that are in-season: apples, pumpkins, cranberries, and brussels sprouts, just to name a few.
Check out SNAP-Ed Seasonal Produce Guide to learn more about what is in-season, download materials for teaching, and get low-cost, healthy recipes.
Worksite Wellness- World Stroke Day
Most strokes are preventable. This World Stroke Day (Oct 29) learn how making healthy lifestyle choices like staying physically active and eating a healthy diet can help prevent strokes.
Check out these tips from the CDC. Stroke Prevention