Fit Together in Action- March
School Highlight- Warren Elementary
We are happy to welcome Warren Elementary School as a new Fit Together partner!
Their wellness team actively spreads the 5210 initiative with weekly parent messages and daily student 5210 health tips and quotes. "Be healthy, Eat green with broccoli and kale you can't fail".
Keep up the great work!
For more information about 5210, please contact Jessica Stewart, Fit Together 5210 Youth and Families Coordinator at (860)806-1825 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring into Fitness!
Spring is a season of growth – here are a few tips to get you moving toward better health
- Schedule a physical & discuss fitness goals with your physician
- Get outside! Start enjoying warmer temperatures and extended daylight
- Do a kitchen cleanse – time to clear out winter goodies and add more fresh ingredients to your diet
- Mix It Up – spring weather is fickle – walk outside one day and hit the treadmill or weight train another
- Refresh your playlist – add some upbeat songs to help motivate you
National Nutrition Month®
National Nutrition Month® is an annual campaign created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. During the month of March, everyone is invited to learn about making informed food choices and developing healthful eating and physical activity habits.
This year's theme, "Celebrate a World of Flavors," showcases how flavors from cultures around the world are a tasty way to nourish ourselves and appreciate our diversity.
We are all unique with different bodies, goals, backgrounds and tastes! A Registered Dietitian Nutritionist can help you create healthy habits that celebrate your heritage and introduce you to new foods and flavors.
Check out this heritage recipes from Eating Well Get Recipes