Fit Together In Action December News
“Make the healthy choice the easy choice.” It’s the phrase we return to in everything we do at Fit Together 5210. As we move toward the New Year and consider resolutions, it’s hard to get overwhelmed by all of the dreams and possibilities. Sometimes it’s best to keep it simple and look for the easy choices.
- Commit to an apple a day.
- Invest in a nice quality water bottle for your work station or backpack.
- Bundle up and take a brisk walk in the winter sun – even 10 - 15 minutes adds up to an hour by the end of the week.
- Read a chapter in a book or call a loved one to replace 20 minutes of idle screen time.
Choose whatever works for you and your unique situation, but if you use 5210 as a guideline, the small changes can lead to better health and balance in your life.
Thanks to all who took the time to get to know us and support us this past year. We look forward to connecting with you in 2022 and growing our network of friends and partners interested in making health and wellness a core of our community identity. We’ll see you on trails and at farmer’s markets, on bike wheels, strollers and snow shoes. Happy Holidays and Peace in the New Year.
School Holiday Break- Keep Active with less Screen Time
Keeping active over the break and spending less screen time can be challenging. Here are a few ideas to keep your family busy:
- Holiday Crafts-DIY Holiday Crafts
- Make slime SLIME Recipe
- Use your holiday boxes to make homemade FORTS
- For a fun family outing, you can check out the local trampoline parks Funcity Trampoline Park for hours of jumping fun and or Urban Air Adventures for zip-lining and go-carting fun. Urbanair Park
The Joy of Cooking with Kids During the Holidays
With special treats and family gatherings, the perfect time to teach your child about cooking and nutrition is during the holidays! Kids not only will get to try the new foods they prepare, but they also will get a big boost to their confidence when they see family and friends enjoying their creations. Most importantly, cooking with your children will promote future health by teaching them about nutrition and how to prepare healthy meals. READ Article
Black Forest Cake
Elevate your baked goods this holiday season by experimenting with whole grain flours! In addition to adding fiber and more nutrition to your baked goods, these flours impart richer flavors, adding notes of butterscotch, cocoa, and more.